torsdag 11 mars 2010

A perfect moment

Yesterday afternoon I stood on the sidewalk next to Flogsta radhus and looked out across the valley. There was a few people out, a couple of runners like myself, an older couple walking their dogs and some students biking in towards town. Barely a cloud on the sky, just the sinking sun, bathing everything in it’s golden light. A flight of swans passed overhead, their wings catching the twilight, looking like they were burning. Made me think of the wings of vengeful angels. A warmish breeze blew. My eyes almost watered at the sight and feeling of it all, such a tremendous beauty.

It was – wonderful, it’s the only word I can use to describe it.

A perfect moment. And what’s best of it all. I was alone. Ergo no one else around to take the shine off it, nobody to cheapen it.

Just a moment of stillness and peace, of faith and contentment - a rare gem in these modern times.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar