söndag 10 juni 2012

Volt 2012


Last night I went to the Volt electronica festival here in Uppsala, and I had a great time. Most of the artists who played during the first few hours were too artsy and too opaque for my taste, but I still enjoyed the evening thanks to those I went there with; Cally, and two of my former pack mates: Lost and Charlie.

At 00.15 Wolfgang Flor’s show started. It blew my mind, literally. I danced for 1½ hours straight, and I was completely lost in the music, feeling the melodies course through my bones and the beat of the bass pounding through my chest. It was just amazing.

I had forgotten how much I enjoy dancing, how you can use your body to express the exuberant joy music gives you, and how incredible it feels when you are keeping track of the bass with your feet, tracing one part of the melody with your hips, another with your elbows and hands, and moving your head to another part of the song – awesome. 


Quote for the night:

"Dance like the whole world is watching - and you are going to give them the greatest show on Earth."

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar